fot. Bart Urbanski
1. Why Iceland? Your first memory related to Iceland.
I felt it. Without knowing almost anything here - I knew its now or never. I trusted my intuition to leave everything I had build for many years in Latvia and come to Iceland to build what I really needed for me as a young artist. My first memory was when I stepped outside the plain and thought: shit men, this will be epic and wow clouds are so close feels like I can reach them.
2. What are you doing here?
I study in LHÍ Contemporary Dance during the day, work at Bío Paradís during evening and do my shift manager duties at Húrra bar during the nights.
3. What is the best experience that Iceland has given you?
Taking a break from life, here in Reykjavik, moving alone to Vestmannaeyjar for 9 months to work in a fish factory and meditate on a volcano. Changed my life by 180°.
4. What do you like the most about Iceland?
People I'm surrounded by, and possibility to disappear completely by synchronising with nature.
5. What are the disadvantages of Iceland?
Even though by statistics it's one of the friendliest countries in the world, it's very often that you hear very racist comments when working in public service.
6. Is Iceland a good country to stay in for a long time?
If you manage to get out of the country for around 3 months during the year, then yes.
7. What is your favourite Icelandic word?
It’s more like a saying “þetta reddast”.