JULIA MAI LINNÉA
fot. Bart Urbanski
1. Why Iceland? Your first memory related to Iceland.
I escaped the heat in Sweden for the colder climate here. I knew absolutely nothing about Iceland before coming here which was part of the thrill I suppose. I remember seeing the landscape from the airplane when I first arrived thinking: oh shit, where have I ended up, the moon?
2. What are you doing here?
I have no idea. After 11 years I'm mostly trying to find an exit haha. Over the years it's been bartending, painting and enjoying the simplicity of life here.
3. What is the best experience that Iceland has given you?
Motherhood! I have a son who's half Icelandic.
4. What do you like the most about Iceland?
The closeness to the sea and changing room number 42 in Sundhöll Reykjavíkur.
5. What are the disadvantages of Iceland?
High costs of living with rent, food and so on.
6. Is Iceland a good place to stay in for a long time?
I believe so, but perhaps not good to stay here forever, it can get claustrophobic at times.
7. What is your favourite Icelandic word?